Video clip contest promotes gender balance at birth
The General Office for Population - Family Planning recently launched the “It’s great to be a girl” video contest in response to the International Day for the Girl Child (October 11).
Organisations and individuals of all ages living and working in Vietnam can join the contest which aims to raise public awareness on easing gender imbalance at birth, increasing status of girl children, and affirming the role of women in the family and society.
The contest is expected to make contributions to connecting population-family planning staff while promoting the application of media technologies in the field of population and family planning.
Entries to the contest should be in HD or full HD modes, and have maximum allowable length of five minutes. Each contestant could send up to three video clips to the event by accessing www.cpcs.vn/congaithattuyet, or turning the files into DVD disc or USB before sending to the Centre for Population – Family Planning Counselling and Services (CPSC).
Subtitle in both Vietnamese and English is encouraged.
The organising board will update valid entries on www.cpcs.vn/congaithattuyet in 24 hours after receiving them.
Authors should call relatives and friends to like, share and comment on their entries posted on Facebook fanpage “Hanh phuc gia dinh”. Total likes will make up 40 percent of the entries’ score while the remaining 60 percent is decided by the jury.